Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The freeloaders...

The freeloaders…

Horrible term but real and among us…

In the past Grammys show and while they were conducting the red carpet interviews they asked one of the nominees (can’t recall the name of that female, I blocked my brain so I will not do so) about her gown and what was her budget when choosing a gown for the different award shows…  Her reply was, “Ohhh, I don’t care about the budget as long as it’s free”…  Girl, you disgust me!!!

I believe I had said the same previously about Beyonce when during an interview she thanked all the designers that have dressed her during her carrier because she will not be capable to afford paying for all the clothes…  Disgusting again!!!  Didn’t she rent an entire floor in the hospital where she gave birth to her Blue Ivy???  And as her PR people said, “For security reasons”…  Funny!!!  How about their mansions, cars, help, etc.???  Ironic, isn’t???

Surprisingly but not strange we do have few characters like these as well, you can find beings like these everywhere…   The worst…  I used to cater many while in my beginnings, not anymore, sorry… 

Traders, these are different…  I give you this and you give me that, acceptable…  Please, don’t even say, “Oh, a singer, actress, public figure is not a freeloader is she/he mentions your name when ask”…  Yes they are, period!  Designers dressed them for free and when these characters have to buy something they will go someplace else, usually not the designers that supplies them for free…  Once again disgusting… 

Many times when we do a show we work with makeup, hair, jewelry designers etc.  We usually donate our time and talent to fulfill the specific event and or benefit and we do expect to be recognized for our efforts…  When we get a client out of these efforts we do appreciate enormously and it does great for our inspiration, it keeps us going.  We do these benefits many times at no charge, but a benefit event is not a celebrity...  Do you follow me??? 

So if you can’t pay but you can trade, give me a call, we can talk...  BTW, credit cards accepted and as my friend Claude said, “We do lay away plans”… J

Raoul Blanco


No comments:

Post a Comment