Friday, November 1, 2013

Raoul Blanco Couture Circle presents the "Five Best Dressed Ladies of Louisiana 2013" - Mrs. Carolyn French

Carolyn French
By Patricia Gannon - Society writer

Carolyn French is ready. Ferragamo shoes, a Chanel skirt topped by an Armani blouse and jacket and some Swarovksi pearls-- and that’s for work—she looks every inch the financial advisor she is. Serving homemade limoncello, she jokingly refers to her style as “genial dowager” when in reality she’s anything but. It’s more like understated elegance.

French tries to shop locally. “I love this community,” she says, which has allowed her to have a leadership role in causes too numerous to name. “But some designs that fit me best are not available here.”

She believes in dressing well daily rather than waiting for celebratory moments. Many of her clothes harbor memories and are outward and visible reminders of the past, like the silk blouse she bought on a shoestring college budget while working on dual degrees.

Labels are not important to French but she likes good quality fabrics.  “I used to sew and I appreciate the workmanship,” she said. “Chanel linings are hemstitched, and I love Valentino’s precision.”

French wears her fashion emotions on her sleeve, so to speak. “I’ve always wanted to show respect. That’s why we dress up,” she explained.

As to her selection, “I think I must have fit the template of what they liked. I’m feminine and consistent.”





No comments:

Post a Comment